Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Learning Centre Has Begun

As most of you know my daughter Aaryanna has begun kindergarten this year. She has had a few "difficulties" that have spurred Fred and myself to rethink how we "educate" the kids. Anyways I started thinking that I should create a "Learning Centre" for the kids in the family room. This is to help them start using the computer and promote a happy learning environment that focuses on "playing" while educating. So we have: a computer centre, puzzle, writing and coloring centre, TV watching centre (LOL had to throw that in), our music centre (piano, keyboard, Aaryanna's little percussion drums), and open space for Lego and blocks. I also put the alphabet train Mike's mom made him up (which he was kind enough to donate). I have moved all the toys into our old den.

So I worked away at this as well as getting rid of toys and collecting toys to go to my mothers and my sisters. I have made huge progress and I can't wait to show you all. I actually started to think I would like to work down there.LOL. Fred also agrees that it is a really nice room and he may set up his own desk.

I would like to get more "kindergarten" style things like the big alphabet letters, shapes, numbers and colors. We also want a whiteboard for the kids and different kinds of stuff. So I will keep you all posted and maybe if someone with a digital camera comes by I will take pictures to add in here. The kids are super excited about the learning centre but I don't have the computer wireless yet, nor do I have any kids games, etc on it yet.

Well Love you all lots and hope to hear from you

Leah

No comments: