Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Potty Training

So some of you know that Fred and I have been trying to potty train Hayden. Well the daycare went through a loss of some of its phenomenal staff and Hayden's potty training took a huge turn. He had been successfully peeing in the potty, however the old poop was something he really was not going to do at this time. Well we have begun again the training on the potty, but keep encountering frustration as the daycare is not being consistent on their end.

Well what I decided to do was use my trusty internet to look up possible reasons/solutions to the potty dilemma. What I found was kind of interesting and I thought I would share this with all. Apparently it is quite normal for children to master the peeing early, however poop is different. With poop they say it can take till they are 4 1/2 to figure out. Apparently there is different muscle control and children do not always sense it, so this is news to me. So I feel pretty crappy for getting mad at Hayden and plan to drop the poop issue and just focus back only on peeing.

So yeah. Give my little guy a break and remember this if you ever have kids or have friends that may go through this. It is normal! Not that any of you have given me a hard time...LOL.

Okay maybe I will have some great topic later

Leah

No comments: