Saturday, January 13, 2007

So we keep getting a totally un-politically correct class

So not only are my classmates complete idiots so is my professor. He keeps making sexist/racist type statements that I continue to find more and more offensive. Anyways some may find me touchy, but hey I am entitled to my opinion. So my professor likes to keep speaking about things as "motherhood" ideas....what the F!@## is a "motherhood" idea????? I'm a mother and I don't know what that is.

So that is one little thing and next is the calling of Canadian aboriginals or First Nations people as "natives". I did have a discussion with Fred about this and we discussed that it may be just us that think that there are negative connotations and I certainly would never, never call a First Nations or talk to First Nations about being a "native".

Also consider his description of racism between a group of "black" and a "brown" kid. Well the professor knew the one kid was East Indian so why did he not just say that, why "brown"? Also, he also stated on another time that we did not have to worry so much about the ethnic groups or immigrants but that the Jehovah Witnesses were a real problem for Social Studies teachers as they did not believe in government, etc. Well I frankly say this is wrong. They are the "problem"? We supposedly have freedom of religion etc and the right to chose NOT to participate in government...one of the reasons Mennonites came up to Canada from the US was Canada allowed them to refrain from fighting as they were pacifists. So how can this guy feel it is acceptable for himself to single out all these people...remember I have only been in the class for 5 days and I already have seen numerous occasions of intolerant language.Well I will see if I am fighting the good fight. Cheers to all the people who refuse to accept such mediocrity.
Anyways I just had to vent.

Leah

No comments: